P.O. Box 2844, 150-6 Avenue S.W.
Industry: Energy-Middle Office
Job Number: 1712
A competitive integrated energy company is searching for an experienced Risk Senior Analyst to support its crude oil trading desk. The position is a hybrid role combining risk metrics, P&L reporting, trading analytics, and oversight of trade process activities for a physical and financial portfolio. In addition, the position is involved in continuous improvement projects for the middle office. There is close interaction with the crude and refined product trading teams, origination, upper management, and the Houston offices.
Key responsibilities include:
- Measuring, valuing, and reporting the daily mark-to-market P&L,
- Understanding of trading portfolios and strategies (by deal, portfolio, trader, and region) in conjunction with the overall markets from a risk, liquidity, and fundamentals perspective,
- Providing management insightful commentary on trading activity,
- Monitoring trader risk to ensure compliance with control policies and trader limits,
- Develop strong relationships with the front-office traders, originators, and other finance staff,
- Supporting the cash forecast and monthly accounting processes, and
- Drive continuous improvement projects to automate and streamline processes, and serve on cross-functional teams representing the middle office.
Employees work 3 days a week in the office and 2 days a week remotely.
Professional and educational requirements include a bachelor’s degree in Finance or a related field; 7-12 years' experience in risk, trade reporting, valuations, product control, or a middle-office PnL role and ideally supporting an energy trading & marketing desk (crude oil, refined products, natural gas, or power); strong understanding financially traded instruments; ability to communicate complex trading transactions; analytical skills; and advanced technology skills including Excel/VBA/SQL/Python/R are a plus.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.