| Work from home flexibility
Industry: Energy-Front Office
Job Number: 1700
A global energy trading firm in Chicago is recruiting a senior quantitative analyst to implement algorithms to dispatch their Battery Energy Systems Storage (BESS) generation assets and to provide general quantitative support. The quantitative professional supports the renewable power trading team that oversees and optimizes a portfolio of renewable assets across various ISOs, including CAISO, ERCOT, MISO, and PJM.
Key BESS Responsibilities:
Key Quantitative Responsibilities:
- Model and analyze the short-term power markets to optimize the operation of BESS assets.
- Design, develop, and implement algorithms for BESS asset dispatch to maximize revenue and/or minimize costs.
- Work with market participants and ISOs to understand market rules and constraints.
- Monitor BESS assets and the markets in real time, making adjustments as needed.
- Perform data analysis and develop reports to track asset performance and market trends.
- Model long-term power curves for valuation, pricing, and structuring.
- Evaluation of physical and financial trades and transactions.
- Provide general quantitative support for renewable power traders, including statistical analysis and other ad hoc requests.
Educational and Professional Qualifications:
- Master’s or Phd in a quantitative field such as engineering, mathematics, physics, or computer science.
- A few years of professional experience in the power or natural gas energy markets, preferably in an energy trading firm, IPP, utility, ISO, or renewable, battery storage firm.
- Knowledge of ISO market rules and regulations (desired).
- Strong objected-oriented programming skills, preferably in Python or C#.
- Experience with machine learning algorithms and techniques.
- Experience with optimization algorithms, such as linear, mixed-integer, or dynamic programming in the power or natural gas markets.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a trading environment.
- Strong communication skills to effectively convey technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.