P.O. Box 2844, 150-6 Avenue S.W.
Industry: Energy-Middle Office
Job Number: 1713
A competitive integrated energy company is searching for an experienced Risk Senior Analyst to support its crude oil trading desk. The position is a hybrid role combining risk metrics, P&L reporting, trading analytics, and oversight of trade process activities for a physical and financial portfolio. There is close interaction with the crude and refined product trading teams, origination, upper management, and the Houston offices.
Key responsibilities include:
- Measuring, valuing, and reporting the daily mark-to-market P&L
- Understanding of trading portfolios and strategies (by deal, portfolio, trader, and region) in conjunction with the overall markets from a risk, liquidity, and fundamentals perspective,
- Providing management insightful commentary on trading activity,
- Monitoring trader risk to ensure compliance with control policies and trader limits,
- Develop strong relationships with the front-office traders, originators, and other finance staff,
- Supporting the cash forecast and monthly accounting processes, and
- Participating in projects to automate and streamline processes.
Employees work 3 days a week in the office and 2 days a week remotely.
Professional and educational requirements include a bachelor’s degree in Finance or a related field; 5+ years’ experience in risk, trade reporting, valuations, product control, or a middle-office PnL role and ideally supporting an energy trading & marketing desk (crude oil, refined products, natural gas, or power); strong understanding financially traded instruments; ability to communicate complex trading transactions; analytical skills; and advanced technology skills including Excel/VBA/SQL/Python/R are a plus.