1500 Post Oak Blvd , Suite 2500
Industry: Energy-Back Office
Job Number: 1751
A global, multi-strategy diversified trading firm is searching for an experienced Power Settlements Specialist to join its growing power and natural gas trading and origination division. The position will develop the settlement function and perform day-to-day settlement responsibilities including:
Educational and professional requirements include a bachelor's degree in Finance or a related field, 5+ years of experience in a back-office role (trade capture, confirmations, settlements, etc.) supporting a power trading desk; experience with both physical and financial power transactions; experience working with Endur or other ETRM system; strong Excel skills; and excellent communication skills.
- Ensuring trade settlement processes and systems adequately support the physical and financial power trading activities,
- Daily, weekly, and monthly settlement and reconciliation of transactions within various power markets, as well as management of non-standard transactions,
- Reconciling trades and positions with clearing firms, prime brokers, counterparties, etc.,
- Reconciling trade system to PnL to ensure the accuracy of accounting records,
- Invoicing of counterparties and paying monthly invoices,
- Performing monthly checkout with bilateral counterparties,
- Collaboration with internal groups to ensure all transactions, profit and loss, and third-party settlements are represented accurately in the trading and accounting systems,
- Performing month-end close accounting entries and account reconciliation, and
- Producing management reports and assisting with external auditors.