2929 Allen Pkwy, 22nd floor
Industry: Energy-Middle Office
Job Number: 1742
A power generation company is searching for an experienced Power Risk Senior Analyst to support their conventional and renewable power generation desks. This position is a hybrid role with a combination of market risk, PnL reporting, analytics, and trade capture activities around the generation portfolio.
Responsibilities include oversight of the middle-office and risk processes for the power generation desks including:
- Monitoring, analyzing and reporting market risk including Value at Risk (VaR) and stress scenarios;
- Gross margin reporting and analytics;
- Production of daily position reporting, P&L reporting, P&L attribution and P&L explain;
- Communicating with traders and internal stakeholders to understand fundamental market conditions and report on trends and risks associated with the power desk;
- Review of structured transactions including valuation and reporting in the ETRM system;
- Helping with enhancement projects related to the ETRM system;
- Develop reporting tools to support risk analytical processes;
- Participating in projects to automate and streamline processes.
Educational and professional requirements include a bachelor's degree in Finance or related field; 5+ years' experience in market risk, middle office or product control supporting a power generation desk is preferred (experience with a natural gas or coal trade desk will be considered); experience with ERCOT and/or PJM ISO is highly desirable; experience with an ETRM system; a strong risk control-mindset; and advanced Excel skills including VBA and SQL data analysis skills to help with analytics and automation. Experience with R, Python or similar technologies is a plus.