A global energy trading and marketing firm is searching a Power Quantitative Structuring Manager to join its commercial team. Position works directly with the originators, traders, quants and customers to undertake structuring activities for complex and bespoke derivative transactions. This is a hands-on supervisor position with 2 quantitative direct reports. Responsibilities include:
- designing complex valuation and price models for structured products including tolling agreements, full requirements / load-following deals, PPA agreements, shaped products, revenue puts, swaptions, weather contingent derivative products, basket options, heat rate options, RECs and other physical/financial/derivatives; and
- enhancing and back-testing pricing models on an ongoing basis.
Educational and professional requirements include:
- PhD in a quantitative field (mathematics, engineering, physics, statistics, etc.);
- 5+ years' experience in a power or gas quantitative role and ideally with prior experience pricing and structuring complex and transactions (exotic options, bespoke structures) or experience building or enhancing pricing models is preferred;
- strong understanding of embedded optionality and drivers; and
- experience with coding is required.