910 Louisiana St.
| Work from home flexibility
Industry: Energy-Front Office
Job Number: 1726
A natural gas & power energy company with physical assets is seeking an experienced Natural Gas Fundamentals Trading Analyst to support its natural gas and power commercial trading desks . The position is responsible for market analysis, developing fundamental market models, and short- and long-term forecasting covering the West North American natural gas markets. Responsibilities include:
- Tracking fundamental drivers for the North American natural gas markets with a focus on the U.S. and Canadian west natural gas markets.
- Model and develop proprietary views for the natural gas markets (short term - 3 years) to support and recommend commercial trade and hedging strategies and to help with strategic decision-making.
- Developing simulation models to create short-term and long-term balance and price forecasting for pipelines, storage facilities, and regional west markets.
- Collaborate with counterparts on the power fundamentals team.
- Communicate daily market briefs and reports to the Commercial Operations, including Origination/Marketing, Trading, Operations, and Corporate teams.
- Managing data with a focus on driving efficiency through automation,
- Working with senior management to produce presentations for board meetings, earnings calls, investor day presentations, or other events as required.
Educational and professional requirements include a bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, statistics, or related field (advanced degree preferred); a minimum of 2+ years' experience in a natural gas fundamental analysis, natural gas fundamental research, natural gas market analyst, and/or natural gas trading analyst (or senior analyst) role; knowledge and experience with the west natural gas markets (preferred but will consider experience with other natural gas regions) and associated data sets; robust modeling and analytical skills; and strong skills in Excel modeling, and technical skills for data scraping/management (SQL) and modeling (VBA, Python, R) desired.
This position can be in Calgary, AB, or Houston, TX. Employees work 3 days in the office and 2 days remotely.