An Electricity Retail Energy Provider (REP) in Houston is searching for an experienced analyst to join its electricity load forecasting team. Responsibilities include:
- Developing and operating retail load forecasting models at the ISO, regional, zonal and congestion levels, as well as at the customer level (C&I and mass market customers);
- Analyzing model results against performance metrics constructed through statistical analysis;
- Communicating results and metrics to key internal stakeholders;
- Researching industry trends and market, utility/ISO and contract/load data; and
- Participating in ad hoc projects to improve load forecasting tools and processes.
Model development will require statistical analysis and regression modeling skills, as well as the ability to extract/mine large data sets, develop front-end visualization tools and conduct user-testing.
Educational and professional requirements include:
- Bachelor or advanced degree in a quantitative field (Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field);
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in statistical modeling, data science or load forecasting;
- Background in data science including ability to extract and analyze large data sets and use Big Data/Data Science concepts;
- Knowledge of regression modeling neural-networks, regression, time series, etc.);
- Programming skills (SQL, scripting / object-oriented coding including Python, Matlab, R, SAS, VBA);
- Understanding of deregulated retail or wholesale power markets and customer profiling and segmentation.