An Electricity Retail Energy Provider (REP) in Houston is searching for an experienced analyst to join its electricity load forecasting team. Responsibilities include:
- Developing and operating retail load forecasting models at the ISO, regional, zonal and congestion levels, as well as at the customer level (C&I and mass market customers);
- Analyzing model results against performance metrics constructed through statistical analysis;
- Communicating results and metrics to key internal stakeholders;
- Researching industry trends and market, utility/ISO and contract/load data; and
- Participating in ad hoc projects to improve load forecasting tools and processes.
Educational and professional requirements include:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in a quantitative field (Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field);
- 2-5 years’ experience in statistical modeling, data science or load forecasting;
- Knowledge of regression modeling neural-networks, regression, time series, etc.);
- Programming skills (SQL, scripting / object-oriented coding including Python, Matlab, R, SAS, VBA);
- Ability to extract and analyze large data sets and use Big Data / Data Science concepts.
- Understanding of deregulated retail or wholesale power markets and customer profiling and segmentation.