| Work from home flexibility
Industry: Energy-Middle Office
Job Number: 1705
A power generation company is searching for an experienced credit risk professional to lead a team and own the strategic credit and liquidity risk strategy. This team provides the commercial team with independent analysis and feedback on hedging strategies and develops appropriate tracking metrics. Responsibilities include:
Educational and professional requirements include a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field (Master/MBA preferred); 15-20+ years’ experience with credit risk in the power and natural gas markets with a deep understanding of credit and liquidity reporting and control; 10+ years of demonstrated leadership experience; experience negotiating lending facilities is a plus; ability to lead and influence relationships with counterparties and internal stakeholders; strong financial modeling skills and fluency with financial statements (including the ability to analyze capital structure, profitability, and cash flow); and excellent communication skills.
- Designing and implementing credit and liquidity risk strategies,
- Continuing to build out best practice processes and systems for the credit risk team,
- Managing a team of credit professionals who set and review credit limits for trading counterparties, support daily collateral for exchange and bilateral trading, manage lien-based ISDAs, generate cash forecasts, monitor customer aging reports, monitor credit and payment history, and establish KYC processes,
- Creating credit score models that track counterparty credit limits and risks,
- Evaluating the credit risk of complex structured deals,
- Ensuring counterparty transactions comply with credit risk policies and procedures,
- Assisting in the negotiation of credit agreements and support facility audits as necessary,
- Proactively engaging and communicating with counterparties,
- Managing a portfolio of credit exposures and reporting on concentration risk,
- Performing stress tests and modeling potential future exposure (PFE) for the credit portfolio, and
- Communicating credit and liquidity risk analytics KPIs to senior management and key stakeholders.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.