An energy trading and marketing firm is searching for a Director of Government Affairs to communicate and advocate with government agencies, public commissions and other external stakeholders with regards to energy policies that impact the business. Position will cover multiple states (approximately 25 states) and will work closely with traders, originators and regulatory experts. Responsibilities include:
- Tracking legislative activity within each state.
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders to develop and implement advocacy strategies.
- Building strong relationships with external state government stakeholders, trade associations and public commissions to communicate policy issues.
- Preparing reports and presentations for company leadership, and serving as a public spokesperson on key issues.
- Actively participate in trade associations, advocacy groups and communities.
Educational and professional requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Government or Public Affairs, or related field
- 7+ years' experience in government affairs, campaign or issues management, strategic communications, energy or project management.
- Strong knowledge/experience with power markets and energy trading.
- Significant contacts within state government, business and community leaders.
- Knowledge of state and federal legislative and regulatory processes and lobbying regulations.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including strong public presentation skills.
Position will require travel within the United States.