353 North Clark Street, Floor 30,
| Work from home flexibility
Industry: Energy-Front Office
Job Number: 1703
A global energy trading firm in Chicago is recruiting for a Short-Term Power Congestion Trader (DART focus) to join their power trading team. The power congestion trading team manages the congestion risk of their large renewable portfolio with assets in ERCOT, MISO, NYISO, PJM, and SPP.
Educational and Professional Qualifications:
- Use quantitative, statistical, and machine-learning techniques to build power market models.
- Analyze power market conditions and identify potential congestion trading opportunities in the Real-Time and Day-Ahead (DART) power markets.
- Implement congestion trading strategies to maximize profits and minimize risks.
- Monitor and manage trading positions, including risk management, exposure, and position limits.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a quantitative field such as economics, electrical engineering, mathematics, physics, or computer science.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience in a congestion trading or congestion modeling role (in the electricity or power markets) at an energy trading firm, ISO, IPP, utility, or power markets research firm.
- Strong knowledge of the power markets, transmission systems, and electricity pricing.
- Ability to manage large-scale datasets using Python or R.
- Familiarity with statistical modeling.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.