Position has overall PNL responsibility for three Northeast power plants (NYISO and ISONE ISO markets). Position is responsible for maximizing the profitability of power generation assets located in the Northeast by evaluating operations, developing strategic plans and executing short- and long-term objectives. Responsibilities:
- Strategy: Set the asset strategy to optimize and commercialize the market position of 3 gas-fired power plants.
- Financial Management: Develop and implement strategic plan, forecasting, reporting and KPIs. Involved with managing the power plants, PnL and budget in compliance with finance arrangements/debt covenants.
- Plant Operations: Oversees plant operations including O&M contractors and other contractual arrangements. Develop operating and capital budgets for plants.
- Fuel Procurement: Responsible for fuel procurement and transportation supply chain including contracts and business relationships.
- Commercial Operations: Coordinates with Commercial Operations (Trading & Marketing) on asset bidding, optimization strategies and hedges.
- Compliance/Regulatory: Ensure compliance with regulatory standards. Monitor regulatory changes to determine impact to the power plants. Participate in regulatory affairs.
- Other: Implement projects improve overall operational efficiency at the power plants and overall business profitability.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Regular communication with key stakeholders including Executive Management, Asset Management, Plant Operations, Commercial Operations, Finance and Accounting to drive results.
- bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering or related field;
- strong understanding of business aspects surrounding power generation;
- 10+ years' experience in asset management and/or operations and maintenance of large fossil-fueled power plants (gas-fired preferred);
- strong leadership and communication skills; and a good understanding of NYISO and ISO-NE markets.
- Asset Management experience with other ISO markets will be considered.