1000 Main Street STE 3100
Industry: Energy-Front Office
Job Number: 1695
An international energy company that owns and continues to invest in power generation, renewables, and LNG assets is searching for an experienced Manager of Power Commercial Analytics to join its team. The position reports to the Vice President of Power Asset Trading. It leads a small team to build the analytics infrastructure for power trading activities and congestion hedging in the North American power markets. The trading analytics will support gas-fired generation assets in the East/Northeast and renewable generation assets in ERCOT. The position requires an entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to manage a team and build processes/systems.
- Build analytic infrastructure, which includes forecasting models, sensitivity analysis, trader tools, and third-party market research,
- Identify, collect, and analyze relevant power market data. Ensure data accuracy, consistency, and completeness in all analysis and reporting,
- Develop fundamental and nodal forecasting models and tools to support portfolio optimization/asset trading strategies and decisions. Back-test and validate modeling approaches,
- Provide power market price forecasts and forward market views (next day out to 3-3.5 years out) in ERCOT, MISO, NEISO, NYISO, and PJM,
- Monitor and analyze market data and trends to identify trading opportunities and risks,
- Track federal and ISO market changes,
- Provide recommendations on trading and hedge strategies to the power asset traders,
- Undertake ad hoc analytic requests from the power traders,
- Provide executive-level reporting and presentations on the power markets,
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including power asset trading, power & natural gas fundamental analysis, risk management, quantitative analysis, and operations,
- Manage and mentor junior analysts to develop their skills and knowledge, and
- Participate in process improvement initiatives as needed.
Educational and Professional Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g., business, finance, economics, engineering); master’s degree desired,
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in commercial or trading analytics in the North American power markets,
- Experience with analyzing the short-term and term power markets (next day out 3 years),
- Knowledge of US natural gas, electric, and emissions markets, including supply and demand, market structure, and regulatory fundamentals,
- Understanding of power plant operations (helpful),
- Strong analytical skills with experience in developing and utilizing analytical models,
- Knowledge of models such as cQuant, Spread Option Model concepts, PLEXOS, and Dayzer, (desired),
- Knowledge of research tools such as Platts, SNL, MarketView, and Bloomberg,
- Knowledge of modeling languages such as Python, R, and SQL,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and
- Proven ability to lead and manage junior analysts.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.