Power Risk Control Senior Analyst
A fast growing, private equity-backed energy trading and asset management firm in Austin is searching for an experienced energy industry candidate to join its middle office team supporting both physical and financial power trading & marketing desks. Key responsibilities include:
- measuring, valuing, and reporting the daily mark-to-market P&L and risk management reports;
- price curve validation;
- reconciling financial trades to FCM, broker statements, and reviewing fees/charges related to trades;
- understanding of trading portfolios and strategies in conjunction with the overall power markets from a risk, liquidity and fundamental perspective;
- providing management commentary on trading activity;
- monitoring trader risk to ensure compliance with control policies and trader limits;
- supporting the power desks with ad hoc analysis;
- supporting the cash forecast and accounting processes;
- participating in projects to automate and streamline processes.
Educational and professional requirements include a bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field; 2-5 years’ experience in power / electricity products risk control, trade reporting, valuations, product control, or a middle-office PnL role supporting a power trading & marketing desk; strong working knowledge of the physical and financial power markets; familiarity with physical transactions is strongly preferred; ability to assume a variety of responsibilities and work independently; strong analytical skills; and experience with ETRM systems, specifically OpenLink Endur, and strong Excel, ACCESS, VBA, SQL skills are highly desired.