Market Risk Junior Analyst
An energy trading and marketing firm in Orange County is searching for a junior market risk analyst to support its energy commodities trading business. The role works with the front-office (traders, structurers, originators and marketers) to understand the risks associated with trading activities. High level responsibilities include:
- daily monitoring, vetting and reporting or risks, key metrics, and compliance with risk limits,
- maintaining a keen understanding what is happening in the broader energy markets,
- reviewing and approving newly traded products, strategies and structured deals including exotic derivatives,
- understanding derivative pricing and valuations, and
- managing business risks and ensuring risks are captured and hedge properly.
Educational and professional requirements include a bachelor's degree in a quantitative field (Mathematics, Financial Engineering, Quantitative Finance, etc.); 1-3 years' experience in a trading or capital markets environment; a good understanding of future and options; strong analytical and problem-solving skills; and ability to effectively communicate within the trading, marketing, and risk organizations.