Fundamental Gas Basis Analyst (Northeast)
A global energy trading & marketing firm in Houston is searching for an experienced natural gas trading strategist. The position works closely with the gas basis traders to understand the fundamentals of the North American gas markets and assists with trade idea generation and vetting. Responsibilities include creating fundamental research covering the Natural Gas Basis business with a focus on the Northeast basis markets.
Key responsibilities include:
- Modeling and analyzing the regional gas fundamentals with a focus on the major trading points in the Northeast gas markets;
- Modeling pipeline and regional flows;
- Developing Northeast gas basis forecasts and pricing;
- Identifying key drivers for the Northeast natural gas markets; and
- Proactively working with traders to identify opportunities and recommend trade strategies.
Educational and professional requirements include a bachelor’s degree (Master’s/MBA degree is a plus); 3-7 years' experience in supply & demand modeling the North American gas markets in a gas trading (required), energy commercial environment or consulting firm; strong modeling/programming skills; an in-depth understanding of North American gas supply/demand and infrastructure fundamentals; robust understanding of E&P energy value chain and economics; proven ability to build analytical tools; and ability to think commercially with strong communication skills.
The ideal candidate would have Northeast gas regional experience but modeling experience from the other North American gas regions will be considered.