Credit Risk Junior Analyst
An energy trading & marketing firm in Orange County is searching for a junior credit risk analyst to support its energy commodities trading business. Responsibilities include:
- Underwriting, financial analysis and recommendation of credit lines/limits for trading counterparties;
- Identifying risks in complex transactions;
- Interacting with traders and originators to determine mark-to-market exposure for credit lines;
- Assisting with negotiations of credit terms and collateral thresholds;
- Coordinating guarantees and letters of credit to and from counterparties;
- Managing daily bilateral collateral by responding to margin calls from counterparties and reporting on collateral;
- Providing reports to monitor active unsecured credit to counterparties;
- Preparing reports and performing portfolio-wide credit analysis;
- Performing ad-hoc analysis for Credit Manager and for Senior Management as required.
Educational and professional requirements include a bachelor's degree in Finance (or related field); 1-3 years’ experience in an energy trading, investment fund or capital markets environment (strong internships will be considered for recent graduates); a good understanding of futures and options; and proficiency with MS Office and strong communication skills.